At J & C First Aid Training Glasgow, we offer Quality Training at Affordable prices. Our Trainers will Strive to deliver courses to suit the needs of your business. Don’t Delay, Book Today!
Not only do we offer accredited courses we will also undercut any of our competitor’s by 10% if your chosen course is at our main training centre in Glasgow or at your premises, providing they are within a 100 mile radius of Glasgow.
Emergency First Aid at Work
- Emergency First Aid At Work This qualification enables learners to give emergency first aid to someone who suddenly becomes ill. This particular award is suited to working environments that have minimum hazards along with a low number of employees.
First Aid at Work
- This course is designed for high risk businesses, it will include all of the Emergency First Aid at Work Courses Plus
– Control of bleeding
– Dealing with shock
– Workplace hazards
– Medical conditions
– Care of the unconscious casualty
– Accident reporting
– Health and Safety
2 Day Paediatric First Aid
- Paediatric First Aid This first aid qualification provides theoretical and practical training in first aid techniques that are specific to infants aged 0 to 1, and children aged from 1 year old to the onset of puberty. Learners will become familiar with the role of the paediatric first aider and be able to assess and react appropriately to an emergency situation. This award usually takes 2 days. This course is suitable for Child-minders, Nurseries, Schools, Crèche workers and Toddler groups.
CPR & AED
- CPR & AED The course in designed for anyone wishing to expand emergency first aid skills. Course syllabus includes Understanding the role and responsibilities of the first aider, Assessing the situation and acting safely, effectively and promptly in an emergency, The Chain of Survival, Dealing with an unconscious casualty, Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), Basic anatomy & physiology of the heart, Common heart problems, Overview of an AED, Care of AED equipment, Use of AED.
- Fire Warden/Marshal This allows candidates to develop their basic fire safety awareness. It is particularly useful for employees who are to have a designated responsibility for workplace fire safety, for example as fire wardens or fire marshals, and provides the knowledge that will allow them to carry out duties relating to fire safety and emergency procedures.
Food Safety in Catering
- Food Safety in Catering Food Safety in Catering is targeted at food handlers in catering. A food handler is any person, in any type of food business, who handles food. The food can be open or packaged and includes drinks and ice. This award is also ideally suited to people who need to enter food premises as part of their work, Course content includes introduction to Food Hygiene, Bacteria and their characteristics, Food Poisoning and its Prevention, Personal Hygiene and Working Habits of the Food Handler, Working Environment, Cleaning Practices, Common Food Pests and their control, Food Safety Legislation.
Health & Safety General
- Health & Safety This is aimed at those who require a better understanding of health and safety for within the workplace. The emphasis is on making the employee safe for him/herself, safe for others and capable of identifying potential hazards. “Health and Safety” takes as its starting point the fact that most accidents are attributable to a lack of knowledge or carelessness and that the key to improvement is increased awareness on everybody’s part.
- Manual Handling every employee of every business whether they are carrying bags of cement or cups of tea. Manual handling is one of those courses, like fire training, which is required for all staff, regardless of the business you are in. This is a practical course to meet the requirements for training under ‘Manual Handling Regulations’. This course complies with safety and legal requirements. Emphasis is on safe manual handling.Content includes:- Background to lifting
– Types of injury
– Causes of back pain
– Manual handling guide
– Emergency action
– Practical demonstrations
– Guide to manual handling risk assessment.
Latest news and information
- Primary Schools & Nurseries Aberlemno PS 3 Andover PS + Nursery 1 Auchterhouse PS +…read more →
- When my son Joshua started nursery I checked how many First Aid trained Staff the…read more →
- George Carruthers (Director) Helen Clark (Senior Trainer) Helen is a wonderful trainer based in Aberdeen.…read more →
- In September Millie's Trust will be heading to Shetland to offer free Paediatric First Aid…read more →
- Did you know that Glasgow City Council only have 1 First Aider per 50 staff…read more →